2011 Suzuki RM-Z450
The Suzuki RM-Z 450 is a Off-Road style motorcycle with an MSRP of TBD and is a Carryover for 2011.The 2011 RM-Z450 has undergone numerous updates: it now meets a stricter AMA noise limit (94db) while keeping smooth engine output; the compression ration has been increased from 12.2:1 up to 12.5:1 for higher output; intake and exhaust timing has been changed for better engine feeling with lower noise output; and ECU settings have been updated for more linear acceleration and improved over-rev.Here in the U.S. and around the globe, the RM-Z450 has helped racers collect wins and trophies, fiercely competing in venues from the World MX1 series to America’s AMA Supercross championship. It’s no secret that Champions Choose Suzuki!Some of these refinements include meeting a stricter AMA noise limit (94b) while keeping the engine output smooth, increasing the compression ratio from 12.2:1 up to 12.5:1 for higher output, and changed the intake/exhaust timing for a better feeling.
Due to the numerous wins their motocross bikes have, this formula has proven to be successful for Suzuki. And their goal for 2011 was to make their championship-winning machine even more potent right out of the crate.
- The RM-Z450's slim chassis design makes for a comfortable riding position, opening up the cockpit to help allow the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- Class-leading 47mm Showa inverted forks provide optimum wheel travel and are compression- and rebound-damping adjustable.
- A Showa piggyback-reservoir rear shock with high/low-speed compression damping adjustment and rebound damping and spring preload adjustments. The rear shock, working through Suzuki's superlative rising-rate linkage system, provides 310mm of wheel travel, delivering maximum traction.
- The RM-Z450's twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm was developed and refined for a highly optimized balance between rigidity and superb high-speed traction. The lightweight swingarm helps enhance terrain-traversing performance over bumps.
- The RM-Z450's 449cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, fuel-injected engine was developed and refined to deliver phenomenal idle-to-redline thrust.
- The lightweight, battery-less, motocross-use electronic fuel injection system uses progressive throttle linkage for efficient power delivery.
- Displacement 449cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
- Starter Primary kick
- Ignition Electronic ignition (CDI).