2011 Kawasaki KX 65
Team Green™ Motocross Glory Starts Here.
With its high-revving and deliciously powerful two-stroke engine, lightweight and agile chassis, disc brakes, long-travel suspension and small size, the KX65 can help teach energetic youngsters the basics – and much more – of what’s arguably the most physically demanding sport in the world.Competitive riders have to start somewhere – and Kawasaki’s KX™65 is a perfect place to develop high-performance riding skills.
Younger riders who race their KX65 at designated events are eligible to receive support from Team Green™, Kawasaki’s amateur racing support program. Each year, Team Green provides regional support vehicles and highly trained technicians at more than 100 events, offering technical information and assistance to those who race Kawasaki products.It all starts with the KX65’s liquid-cooled, 64cc two-stroke engine, which pumps out surprising levels of power considering its small displacement.
Mated to a smooth-shifting six-speed transmission with a manual clutch, the compact powerplant is bolted to a semi-double-cradle steel frame. Like its older KX siblings, the KX65’s swing arm uses Kawasaki’s legendary UNI-TRAK® linkage system, which alters leverage on the rear shock as the suspension is compressed, so that small bumps receive light damping and larger bumps receive progressively firmer damping for a smoother ride and better control. Both the shock and fork boast four-way adjustable rebound damping for optimal handling.
Kawasaki KX 65-2011
*Details & Features
• Advanced exhaust and transfer ports increase power and performance at higher rpm
• Bridge between exhaust ports is machined for increased reliability and resistance to wear and seizure
• Lightweight cylinder liner transfers heat efficiently for cooler running.
• Large radiator provides more consistent engine temperatures, keeping power output strong throughout the moto
• Cooling system offers greater reliability and less engine wear.
*64cc Two-stroke Engine.
• High capacity ignition coil delivers a higher secondary voltage for a hotter spark, and the punchier response improves acceleration
big-end bearing features a cage for added durability
• Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
of the left crankcase has a stopper for increased engine reliability
• Metafoam gaskets are used for the generator cover,
cover and water pump elbow for improved sealing.
• Digital ignition offers ideal timing for optimal throttle response throughout the rev range
• Ignition rotor features rare-earth magnets, making it smaller, lighter and more durable. Its low inertial moment improves low-rpm response.
• Positive action and rugged durability.
• Hard chrome-finished shift-fork ends resist wear.
• Manual clutch mechanism mirrors larger KX models.
• Clutch cover gasket made of metal-carbon composite material.
• Four-way adjustable rebound damping offers a variety of settings for various track conditions.
• External reservoir helps maintain consistent damping.
• Rebuildable aluminum body.
2011 Kawasaki KX 65
Bore x Stroke: 44.5 x 41.6mm
Cooling System: Liquid
Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
Induction: Four-petal reed valve
Compression ratio: 8.4: 1
Ignition: Digital CDI.
Front brakes / rear brakes: Hydraulic disc / Disc
Overall length: 62.6 in.
Overall width: 29.9 in.
Overall height: 37.6 in.
Ground clearance: 12
Seat height: 29.9 in.
Curb weight: 132.2 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
Wheelbase: 44.1 in.
Color Choices: Lime Green
Final drive: Chain
Frame Type: Semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/Trail: 27 degrees / 2.4 in.
/ wheel travel: 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-way rebound damping / 8.3 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel: UNI-TRAK® single shock system with four-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4
Front Tire Size: 60/100x14
Rear Tire Size: 80/100x12
-The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice.2011 Kawasaki KX 65